Saturday, September 06, 2008

The *Star* Experience

After much coaxing or our sheer shamelessness to be honest, the plan that we hatched to 'tax'the 'brothers' did shape up.

The treat at the Taj West End had materialised.

More than the class, there something more historic about the West End. A la British styled buildings surely gives you a different experience.

I wouldn't say I am a foodie or a hotel critic, but surely something to point out;

Pros
  • The Ambience for sure...Trees and all
  • The Lobby...woooowww
  • The fluids...they all looked so colourful, you see.
  • The candles in the loo ;)
Cons
  • The dark and dingy entrance.
  • The lighting in the restaurant...reminded me of the street lights.
  • The food...if you really look back...they sucked big time
  • The loo...nothing automatic...The boys forget to flush...

I don't have to talk about the hospitality et al, as that's something implicit, I guess. Let me not talk about the moolah too, cos that didn't bother me(us). We didn't foot the bill you see!

For a fairly middle-class upbringing, my previous visits to * hotels were only during wedding receptions etctctc. That as I told some people was a gumpnalli govinda feeling.

Thanks to the gulti bros, I now KNOW. If you think, that I got a little childish during all this, the answer is YES. I was spoilt you see! :)

No comments: