Saturday, October 04, 2008

To Sir, with Love

We all have had teachers, helping us pave a perfect path to the future that we decide. With time, we do forget them, unless reminded by one reason or another.

One of them, who I remember is Mr. Padmanabhaiah, a retired Math professor, in pre-university.

The man had long retired from College, but continued to teach at a private tutorial institute. On first encounter, I remember seeing a bald man, with a goNicheela for a bag, and riding on a single-seater Luna.

On strong advice from friends and all, I had decided to attend his CET classes. I should say: those 12 classes that I had attended of his, were unbelievable. My approach towards numbers had taken a turn for the good. It eventually helped in cracking Maths @ CET which was quite a challenge, for most people like me.

His offline help was the best. All the other regular lots were unapproachable post the sessions. So much so for his approachability, some of us had regular visits to his place, to clear the sea of doubts we used to have. All of this, with sumptuous breakfast and hot steaming filter coffee.

As it would happen, post pre-university, college and now in Work, memoirs of him and his unique teaching style, faded away.

Then, one day, I heard from a college friend, that he was no more. In the 2 minutes of mourning, post this news I heard, my mind raced behind in time, remembering all he was, A True teacher...A True Guru.

1 comment:

Raghu said...

Loved the way you have put this blog...